University of Applied Sciences of Special Needs Education
Over one thousand students are enrolled at the University of Applied Sciences of Special Needs Education in the following degree programmes: Master's degree in Special Needs Education, with specialisations in either Special Needs Education in Schools or Early-Childhood Special Needs Education, and Bachelor's level courses in Speech Therapy, Psychomotor Therapy and Sign-Language Interpreting. Our programmes combine a sound scientific basis with a practice-oriented approach that train you to become a qualified professional for a career in teaching or therapy.
A broad mission statement
In addition to basic training and education, the mission statement of the University of Applied Sciences also includes providing services and conducting research activities to analyse and develop solutions for special needs issues in this specific occupational field.
Linking teaching, research and practice
The University of Applied Sciences of Special Needs Education attaches great importance to forging strong links between theory and practice. Its various departments work as a close network and the syllabus includes dedicated training in the field to assure the transfer of theory into practice. This enables us that our programmes incorporate changing requirements in the profession and ongoing developments in theory and research.
The University of Applied Sciences of Special Needs Education is the successor to the former Special Needs Teacher Training College (HPS). It is one of the leading entities in special needs education in Switzerland.
- Founded in
- 1924 as the Zurich Training College for Teachers of Special Needs; transformed into the University of Applied Sciences of Special Needs Education in 2001
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Fäh
- Prof. Dr Karin Bernath
- by 13 Swiss cantons and the Principality of Liechtenstein
- President of the Board of Governors
- Dr Sebastian Brändli, Director of the Office of Universities of the Canton of Zurich
- Bachelor's and Master's programmes, Certificate/Master of Advanced Studies (CAS/MAS), continuing education, research and development and services
- Site map Contact