The main entrances to the premises of the university in the City Bernina building are generally open to students and visitors as listed below. Please note any updated information concerning the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m.–7:15 p.m.
- Saturday: On Saturdays, only the sliding doors needed for classes are opened. Other accesses remain closed.
- Sunday: Closed
- Exceptions: Closed on holidays/festival days. Extended opening hours are possible for evening events.
The University of Teacher Education in Special Needs is located at Schaffhauserstrasse 239 in 8057 Zurich. Travel information can be found in Google Maps.
- Public transport: Nearest public transport stop: tram stop 'Berninaplatz' (low-floor trams 10 and 14); direct access from the tram stop to the building. Distance approx. 200 m. There are obstacles, including tram, steps, traffic lights.
- Parking: There is a parking space for wheelchair users in the car park (car park entrance at Spar Supermarkt) for the building. Direct access to the lift. The doors from the car park to the lift can be opened automatically by push button. Caution: There is a step behind the door. An exit ticket can be obtained from Administration: Tel. +41 44 317 11 11.
- Entrance: Main entrance via automatic glass doors. The doors can be opened automatically by push button.
- Lift: Direct access to lift on ground floor. Raised, tactual labels in the lift. Lift panel well accessible; no voice commands available.
- Orientation within the building: Symmetrical building layout; orientation possible using white cane. Markings on the wall for people with visual impairments. No markings on glass elements. Steps on stairways not marked.
- Toilets: Wheelchair-accessible toilets are located in the restrooms on every floor.
- Baby changing table: There is a baby changing table in the restrooms on the 1st floor (south wing).
Please contact the University of Teacher Education in Special Needs with questions at any time by email or telephone at the address and number just below. Direct contact information for university staff is found in the staff directory.
Main number: Tel.: +41 44 317 11 11, info [at] hfh.ch
- Degree programmes and courses: info [at] hfh.ch
- School-level special needs education / Early childhood special education: lehrberufe [at] hfh.ch
- Psychomotor therapy / Speech and Language Therapy: therapeutischeberufe [at] hfh.ch
- Sign language interpreting: gsd [at] hfh.ch
- Continuing education: weiterbildung [at] hfh.ch
- Research: zfe [at] hfh.ch
- Services: dienstleistungen [at] hfh.ch
- Administration: info [at] hfh.ch
- Office of the President of the University: rektorat [at] hfh.ch
- Diversity & Equal Opportunity:diversity [at] hfh.ch
- Corporate Communications: kommunikation [at] hfh.ch
- International Office: internationaloffice [at] hfh.ch
- University Development: hochschulentwicklung [at] hfh.ch
- Finance & Controlling: finanzen [at] hfh.ch
- Library: bibliothek [at] hfh.ch
- IT Services: it-services [at] hfh.ch
- Digital Learning Centre: dlc [at] hfh.ch
- Facility Management: facility.management [at] hfh.ch
- Notices / External job advertisements: info [at] hfh.ch
- Alumni: alumni [at] hfh.ch
- Website: website [at] hfh.ch